Garmin street pilot 7200 help please   

Garmin street pilot 7200 help please

Postby coffeebeankat » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:18 am

Hi all im trying to solve a problem with my dads new sat nav.

We have the list of camping sites and also the updated speed cameras to load onto the unit as poi's, but we cannot seem to get them to all load either onto an SD or via direct to unit without either getting one or other wiped over.

I have used the poi loader to load to the sd card and after following it and reading 3 tutorials im sure im doing it correctly but when it tells me that i have successfully loaded all poi's i load the sd card to the unit and it still tells me there are no POI's loaded? The card has a poi file on the root but its empty?

I have tried 2 different cards both result in the same.

Then i thought i would load direct to unit via poi loader and again followed tutorials to get it right.
I read on a forum that making a folder on the pc and then placing my files one directory down would load all subfolders when pointing the poi loader to it.

So i have tried 2 different ways
method 1

C:\ GPS files
C:\GPS files\poi
C:\GPS files poi\camping
C:\GPS files\ poi\ cameras\cam1

following a new folder cams 2,cams 3 ect with each cams folder containing only 32 entries each

but when pointing the loader to the folder it will only allow me to add a subfolder and not the lead folder?

So i then used the second method

C:\GPS files
C:\ GPS files\poi
C:\GPS files\poi\camping
C:\GPS files\poi\cameras

This time placing all entries into one folder, however when trying to load the main C:\GPS folder it allows me to do so but then tells me that im only allowed 32 entries

Im so stuck now and dads holding out on me to sort it so he can use on a trip in a weeks time. can anyone give me some assistance?
coffeebeankat offline

Postby coffeebeankat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:15 pm

Anyone lend me a hand on getting this sorted? please:)
coffeebeankat offline

Postby Black Wolf » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:47 am

For adding pois you don't need some speically loader, you can do that manually, just select pois which you want, and copy-paste to folder poi in garmin folder...
I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Return to General Discussions about Garmin