help unlocking roadmate 3045   

help unlocking roadmate 3045

Postby Chinespa » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:21 am

Is there anyone here who knows how to unlock a Roadmate 3045? It has a micro SD slot. I plugged it into my computer and copied the files (the ones I could see). So know I hope I backed up anything I need if something gets messed up. I backed them up because it is a good idea and some have "bricked" their gps somehow. I know these devices run Windows CE and I want to run third party software and try other GPS software on it. I have been reading abit about MioPockect but I cannot find it. The links are always dead or they are for an older version which I am not sure if would work. I would appreciate any help.
Chinespa offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:30 pm

Did you look at MioPocket Lite in the stickies? Post #6.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Chinespa » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 pm

I will take a look now, thanks.:)
Chinespa offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:24 pm

Chinespa wrote:I plugged it into my computer and copied the files (the ones I could see).

Did you Show all files and turned off Hide system files on your PC? Otherwise you may have missing files in your backup.

Also Google would suggest that ActiveSync is used for connection to the PC which in most cases won't allow you to backup system files.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Chinespa » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:52 am

Fatboyfun wrote:Did you Show all files and turned off Hide system files on your PC? Otherwise you may have missing files in your backup.

Also Google would suggest that ActiveSync is used for connection to the PC which in most cases won't allow you to backup system files.

I did that but copied all the files from the drive labeled magellan in my computer.
Chinespa offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:26 am

Where are you at now with the device?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Chinespa » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:00 pm

I have finally found a working link to Miopocket 4.0 release 68. I can look for a different one if I need that and I have a micro sd slot good for up to 32 GB (my card is 8 GB).
Chinespa offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Be careful with miopocket as it can easily ruin devices.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nerdmastax » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:09 am

i hate to revive dead threads but im runnin into a dead end on info. i have the 3045-lm and i have miopocket 4.0 ver 68 on a 4gb sd card and i did the edit to the ini to stop the reboot, but i still cant run any other mapping software i put on there, not even the stock one. it goes to run it then does the "device needs to be restarted to improve performance" thing as it soft reboots into windows ce and does the same thing over and over. is there another unlock tool? my last playtime with ce was my phillips velo and that was like ce 2.0.... lol tho i am tech savvy.

any help would be appreciated. I dont mind if its an sd card install or a flash install, but it would be nice to have ce unlocked and still be able to get to my nav.
nerdmastax offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:18 am

Miopocket tries to turn the device into a full pocket PC, some devices don't have the resources to cope with this, try to uninstall miopocket using it's uninstall option, then use one of the lighter system information based unlocks available from this site.

All you really need is a simple menu screen and a file browser like total commander to unlock most devices.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nerdmastax » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:41 am

what would you suggest i use? mio was the only one i heard of.
nerdmastax offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 pm

I don't know the device, but if you can identify the main executable, you should be able to run anything, pick one from our unlock section that matches your resolution, it's possible you may need to tweak it a bit so it works properly...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussion