Clarion Australian Map for NX509/NP509 - need pre-installed   

Postby wagawaga » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:19 am

jhen_622 wrote:If only someone can cr@ck the original IGO8 (clarion.exe) that came with it, at least it can read maps that you load in it even just by staying with IGO8.

In the end it will not solve our problem, as there is almost no compatible map data available - at least I assume that all the Primo compatible map data will not work.

But using the HEX editor on clarion.exe I found a string "iGO8_R3" inside it. Would that mean, that we can use R3 maps?

I will go ahead and try building a Primo 1.1 based on the download from here using the primo1.1.exe which comes from a Clarion device (carrying that specific module). The only problem I have is that I have no idea if it is cracked or not.

It is rather incredible, that worldwide there are obviously only two people who wish to mod this particular device. I have googled and posted topics all over Europe with absolutely no usable result. This is the first time, I am having a discussion bringing me a bit forward! Thanks to all of you!
wagawaga offline

Postby wagawaga » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:29 am

@jhen_622: Please take a look at page 10 of this [Please Register or Login to download file] .

If you happen to have a loudspeaker at hand can you check if there is any output using Primo?

If my interpretation of the installation instruction is right, the described option bypasses the usage of the proprietary CENet-Interface. I would assume, that the audio output would be native from Win CE.

My problem right now: No spare speaker at hand and secondly Kia has removed both cables from the plug, so I would have to try to get some sort of replacement. jhen, could you have a look and report back? Might be a breakthrough!
wagawaga offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:39 am

wagawaga wrote:It is rather incredible, that worldwide there are obviously only two people who wish to mod this particular device. I have googled and posted topics all over Europe with absolutely no usable result. This is the first time, I am having a discussion bringing me a bit forward! Thanks to all of you!

This is what Navitotal does and why we're the best support site on the web!
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jhen_622 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:04 pm

wagawaga wrote:@jhen_622: Please take a look at page 10 of this [Please Register or Login to download file] .

If you happen to have a loudspeaker at hand can you check if there is any output using Primo?

If my interpretation of the installation instruction is right, the described option bypasses the usage of the proprietary CENet-Interface. I would assume, that the audio output would be native from Win CE.

My problem right now: No spare speaker at hand and secondly Kia has removed both cables from the plug, so I would have to try to get some sort of replacement. jhen, could you have a look and report back? Might be a breakthrough!

The only speaker that I have for a surround for the home theater. I have tried (quickly) it by only trying to squeeze the wires to the connectors (not so sure if there was a contact) and no sound output. I will try it properly tomorrow morning and have some proper tools to work with.

Just hoping it doesn't disable this option if a CENet is attached...
jhen_622 offline

Postby wagawaga » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Well, does'nt look good. As I wrote the loudspeaker cables had been removed by Kia. So I got three crimp-pins and soldered cables to the and inserted them into the plug. Bought a little speaker to attach to the cables. That left me three possibilities not taking + and - into account. I then tried all three variants with each Clarion proprietary IGO8, Windows CE sound settings (sample sound) and Primo 2.4.

All 9 tests did not let the speaker make a sound.

My conclusion: It looks like the loudspeaker port is turned off if CE-Net is attached. So there will only be the hope of getting a compatible Primo2.exe from a newer Clarion device, which has been cr***ed or at least a cr***ed version of our current IGO8 version (the latter still leaving us with the problem of very limited availability of current maps).

But, jhen_622, please be so kind and test it for yourself, as there is the remaining hope that I still might have had a bad contact - low probability....)
wagawaga offline

Postby jhen_622 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:43 pm

Tried it again today without any luck. Still no sound thru a loudspeaker. It is definitely being disabled by the CENet interface.

Is it ok to load the *.exe file in here for someone to have a go and cr@ck it?
jhen_622 offline

Postby wagawaga » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:41 pm

To do a plausibility check I attached a 7" TFT to the Video-Out of the NP509. Guess what, no signal! So in combinationwith the Headunit we are lost.

It is ok, to post clarion.exe but I wonder if data.zip would be necessary aswell, as it is so Clarion specific.

But,
wagawaga wrote:But using the HEX editor on clarion.exe I found a string "iGO8_R3" inside it. Would that mean, that we can use R3 maps

can anyone comment on this please?
wagawaga offline

Postby jhen_622 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:19 pm

I think the unit has s specific SWID when you go to the 'About' for maps and licenses. So if the [email protected] is cr@cked it can accept generic iGO licenses. Just like on some other builds, you can sometimes interchange the data.zip as long as the *.exe file is cr@acked.

There might be a string in the 'device.nng' that links the licensed map if the *.exe file is not cr@cked.
jhen_622 offline

Postby wagawaga » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Hmmm, asked NNG if there is any way to move to Primo. This is what they answered:

First of all, thank you for your interest in our products!

We would like to inform you that unfortunatelly you cannot switch or change the original version of our software from technologically reasons, because it is generated for each device individually.
If you found Primo better you should buy a new device with this software version.

Given that your issue seems to be resolved, we now consider this ticket closed. Should you have other inquiries regarding another issue, please open a new ticket through naviextras.com or through Naviextras Toolbox.

Thanks NNG! Excellent and helpful service! This leaves me with a navigation system built into a 1 year old car (nav was factory delivered!!!) with an outdated software and inaffordable maps being outdated at the time of purchase. Ridiculous!
wagawaga offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:36 pm

wagawaga wrote:Hmmm, asked NNG if there is any way to move to Primo. This is what they answered:

Thanks NNG! Excellent and helpful service! This leaves me with a navigation system built into a 1 year old car (nav was factory delivered!!!) with an outdated software and inaffordable maps being outdated at the time of purchase. Ridiculous!

I understand your frustration. What device do you have? Can you link us to its specifications? Maybe we can help. Also, where is your home?

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:13 am

@wagawaga

Here's a Primo program for the Clarion:

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Press reload or refresh after pressing thanks.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby wagawaga » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:09 am

@Chas521, well we are still talking about the Clarion NP509 and it's specific "no sound"-problem (thoroughly discussed in this thread) due to some interface included into the OEM-software code of the igo.exe (clarion.exe). This results in our problem that there is no cr@cked version available for our device. This fact leaves us with the problem of being 100% bound to Naviextras.

So, if we take into account not being able to move to any other version, we would have to find someone who would be able to cr@ck the .exe to allow us to run updated maps from other sources then from Naviextras. However, this might still leave us with the problem of no maps being available. In fact due to the missing chance of testing other map sources I don't even have a clue which maps might fit. The Igo8 version running on the NP509 appears to be 8.3.2.129470. I would assume that JHEN has the same version. If we had a cr@cked version of our OEM-Igo8, would the R3 maps work? This at least would make me a bit happier...
wagawaga offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 pm

wagawaga wrote:@Chas521, well we are still talking about the Clarion NP509 and it's specific "no sound"-problem (thoroughly discussed in this thread) due to some interface included into the OEM-software code of the igo.exe (clarion.exe). This results in our problem that there is no cr@cked version available for our device. This fact leaves us with the problem of being 100% bound to Naviextras.

So, if we take into account not being able to move to any other version, we would have to find someone who would be able to cr@ck the .exe to allow us to run updated maps from other sources then from Naviextras. However, this might still leave us with the problem of no maps being available. In fact due to the missing chance of testing other map sources I don't even have a clue which maps might fit. The Igo8 version running on the NP509 appears to be 8.3.2.129470. I would assume that JHEN has the same version. If we had a cr@cked version of our OEM-Igo8, would the R3 maps work? This at least would make me a bit happier...

Did you see the post above yours with the cracked Clarion Primo - #71? It might be as simple as editing the sys.txt with your model. And yes, you could use the maps here with that program. There's also this iGO8 program http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-16-2011

Before you try anything just make sure you back up your device first. Then make sure all the files in the download are named exactly the same as the program now on your device. I want to warn you first that there is a possibility that your computer will not recognize your device via USB if you delete the wrong file.

We had a "no sound" problem in this thread that was eventually corrected. Look at the end of the thread.
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?12544-Newbie-Question-For-Loading-IGO8

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby wagawaga » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:05 pm

Chas521, many thanks! I indeed for whatever reason did not see post #71. I have now downloaded it and discovered the following issues:

This version appears to be made for NX509. NX509 is a all in one 2DIN system. NP509 is a separate black box which is attached to a VX709 using a proprietary interface. This is the one I suspect to be responsible for standard Igo-versions not producing any sound. However, I tend to assume that NX509 is built internally using the same technology. That would mean that the version from post #71 might work.

Further more in data.zip there is only the ui_igo9 for the 800x480 resolution. NP509 works with a 480x234 resolution. So I added the 480x234 UI from another download from this forum into data.zip.

In data.zip/project_config I found the clario_foryou.ini. Here I commented

;[fleetmanagement]
;port=COM4
;baud=115200

and

;data="\GpsMap"

out. I'm sure there should be even more to be commented out.

In data.zip/config/devices I found several ini-files which are obviously corresponding to the first lines in sys.txt. As NP509 was not available in there I copied clarion_np402.ini to clarion_np509.ini and changed the settings to the following values:

[spoiler]info_names="CLARION_NP509"

;[debug]
;max_memory = 134217728
;reserve_memory = 16777216

[gps]
port=1
baud=57600

[rawdisplay]
highres=0
screen_x=480
screen_y=234

[sound]
use_method=1

[tmc]
internal_tmc_name="gnsport"
source="gnsport"
port="COM,1"
poweron_delay=500

[loading]
show_window_on_ui_ready=0[/spoiler]

I took the values for GPS and TMC from my original IGO8 installation. These worked well (except the sound) with the Primo2 which I got from you.

Finally I copied some maps and other content stuff into the content folder and changed sys.txt as follows (in order to first try to get Primo started from SD Card):

[spoiler][device]
type=clarion_np509

[folders]
has_secondary_root="0"
app="Storage Card/PrimoCL"
content="Storage Card/PrimoCL/content"

;[gps]
;port="auto"
;baud="auto"

[debug]
skip_eula=1
experimental_features="1"

[route]
;hnr_ignored_missing_country_ids=*

[route.histspeed]
enabled=1
show=1
use_timeslice=1

[interface]
extra_settings=1
show_exit=1

[other]
demo_enabled=0

[warning]
speedcam_warning="1"
is_spoken=1
speedcam_enabled=1

[sound]
queue_length=200
sound_q_length=250
ding=0
csv_voice_enabled=1
[/spoiler]

I then inserted the SD Card into the NP509 and manually started primo.exe. It crashed immediately.

Crash.txt has the following content:

[spoiler]------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------
------------------ Crash Log Begin -------------------

Current System time: "2013-04-28 18:15:51"
Build version: 9.6.5.240968
Build configuration: Product--ARCHFAM
OS version: 5.0

Uptime: 0 h 0 m 4 sec 0 msec

Memory Stats:

FreeMemory: 44 MB, 344 KB, 0 B
TotalUseableMemory: 47 MB, 504 KB, 0 B
MaxMemory: 129 MB, 0 KB, 0 B
ReservedMemory: 1 MB, 0 KB, 0 B
ActualCacheSize: 1 MB, 137 KB, 663 B
GarbageSize: 1 MB, 137 KB, 663 B

Exception: 0xc0000005
At address: 0x00321084
Access violation reading address: 0x10000044
0x00321084 (A)

WinCE CallStack snapshot (function names according to map file \Storage Card\PrimoCL\Primo.map):

0x1005c198 (A)
0x1005b770 (A)
0x1005b920 (A)
0x1005ba08 (A)
0x10425af4 (A)
0x11f860c0 (A)
0x11f8c6f8 (A)
0x8c00ce2c (A)
0x8c036ad0 (A)
0x8c010c50 (A)
0x8c00cd44 (A)
0x10321084 (A)
0x1032d1c4 (A)
0x10800538 (A)
0x10800d08 (A)
0x105a6638 (A)
0x1026a210 (A)
0x10269498 (A)
0x1026969c (A)
0x1026c450 (A)
0x10267004 (A)
0x105a6638 (A)
0x10058bac (A)
0x10058c24 (A)
0x10264d98 (A)
0x10264aa0 (A)
0x102672d4 (A)
0x10268304 (A)
0x1042586c (A)
0x10425aa8 (A)
0x1005887c (A)
0x11f6ba58 (A)

Global status:

bInFocus: 0
bMouseDown: 0
bInLogic: 0
bInRender: 0
CurrentState[128]:
GPS Pos: (0.000000,0.000000)
Camera: pos:(0.000000,0.000000) rot:0 persp:0 zoom:0.000000 eng=0)

------------------- Crash Log End --------------------
[/spoiler]

Then I discovered a clarion_foryou.zip in the folder \ux. I assume this is branding.zip on other installations. I also inserted the 480x234 folder which I took from data.zip. (Is this correct??)

However, I once again inserted the SD Card into the device, but Primo crashed again immediately. Crah.txt looked the same as before.

Do you have any idea, what else I could try? (My main problem is, that I still do not have a good knowledge of what Primo does in which state and what exactly needs to be in which of the zip-files.

It would be gorgeous if we would get this running in the end....
wagawaga offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:23 pm

You've tried a number of things but I would like you to look at that [I know, it's rather long] but it might apply or give you some ideas of how the member finally accomplished 100% http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?12544-Newbie-Question-For-Loading-IGO8/page6 post #155. He used my iGO8 program as the basis.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion