How do I change fonts in MobileNavigator 7.4.3.793?   

This Section is for General discussion and help for Navigon GPS Systems.

How do I change fonts in MobileNavigator 7.4.3.793?

Postby miataman » Thu May 20, 2010 9:31 pm

I've got MN7 running fine on a Win CE 5 320X240 machine. However the current font being used gives me a lot of 99:... (three periods is the problem) in items such as ETAs and other time indicators. How do I change fonts to fix this situation so that I can see entire time values? Is it a matter of putting a different font file in a certain folder? I've tried a font file (ex. tahoma.ttf) in a few different folders, but nothing changed. In searching for the word FONT, all I could find was that you needed to install fonts, but no direction or font file to use. Thanks for any help here!
miataman offline

Postby PepinYaco » Thu May 20, 2010 10:15 pm

I only know of two ways to solved this, one is, if u can hex, u maybe able to make those changes and the other way is, find a .res file that works with ur device resolution, but be aware that specific .rea files are for specific software. so in other words there are ways but easy solutions.

Edit: U can use this MN6 Resource View
PepinYaco offline

Postby miataman » Fri May 21, 2010 2:54 am

I really appreciate the ideas. In using MN6 Resource View, I notice that the font name hardcoded in the res file is Arial. I'll try putting that font on my PNA to see if that works. Seems safer than trying to change all the places that said Arial in the res file to Tahoma and maybe it still not work. BTW the res file works with my device resolution for everything else, just not the calculated numerical time instances during navigation. Thanks again!
miataman offline

Postby PepinYaco » Fri May 21, 2010 2:28 pm

miataman wrote:I really appreciate the ideas. In using MN6 Resource View, I notice that the font name hardcoded in the res file is Arial. I'll try putting that font on my PNA to see if that works. Seems safer than trying to change all the places that said Arial in the res file to Tahoma and maybe it still not work. BTW the res file works with my device resolution for everything else, just not the calculated numerical time instances during navigation. Thanks again!

nice to hear that its working 4 u.
PepinYaco offline

Return to General Discussion about Navigon