Becker 7929 and Navigon mn6/7   

This Section is for General discussion and help for Navigon GPS Systems.

Becker 7929 and Navigon mn6/7

Postby Capone » Wed May 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Hello mates,
I have been trying to install a Navigon mn6 or 7 on a becker 7929 ferrari edition wince 5.0 but with no success. I copy the software and the map on the sd card and it either says Navigon is not valid windows ce application or that it cannot be found. Can please someone provide a tutorial or explain step by step how to do it ?
Thank you
Capone offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed May 16, 2012 7:17 pm

You are missing some libraries from the windows directory, use dependency walker on your PC to scan the navigon executable for required dll's and check your device to see what's missing, add any missing dll's to the navigon directory.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Capone » Wed May 16, 2012 8:02 pm

I installed the dependency walker and ran it but where do I find the dll's on the device ? I searched in the windows folder but could find anything ?
Capone offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed May 16, 2012 8:09 pm

MioPocket has a complete set of WinCE dll's, just take what you need from the MioPocket 4.0 Release 68\MioAutoRun\System folder and place them in the navigon folder

Dependency walker is designed for PC applications and scans the PC's windows folder, but works for WinCE applications, Just confirm every dll is accounted for, You may need to use a device based file explorer like Total Commander to scan all the files in the Windows directory on the device as explorer.exe/activesync won't show system files by default.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussion about Navigon