Becker Z098 updating maps   

Postby nabi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:03 pm

bimby wrote:This is what i found after the unrar.

:087: That is not what I uploaded.

Is this the download from the link in post #13 ?????
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby bimby » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:10 pm

nabi wrote::087: That is not what I uploaded.

Is this the download from the link in post #13 ?????

Yes. I downloaded it for the second time and stopped avira, but i got the same content.:pray:
bimby offline

Postby bimby » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:30 pm

I found the one you tried to send it to me here http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?12239-Becker-Z098,#5.
bimby offline

Postby nabi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:25 pm

Hope it works for you.
My own upload (the second attempt) takes me ages to download. Another 40 minutes to go. :dash3:
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby bimby » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:46 pm

nabi wrote:Hope it works for you.
My own upload (the second attempt) takes me ages to download. Another 40 minutes to go. :dash3:

Thank you for your time. U're a great person. I already backed-up all the data ( hidden files also) from the gps and the sd card. Works fine without the card inserted, so i'll used it for the maps. So you said: to Open the folder that is probably called IGO or IGO8 or Primo( there is one folder where the content looks similar to the one that i've showed on the uploaded image- the igo 8 folder) You refeer to this one or to the one from my device?
Than Open sys.txt and when there are similar lines as the 2 lines hereafter, delete them, then and/or add:

[folders]
content="\Storage card\Content\"
Also make sure these lines are in the sys.txt.
[device]
type="BECKER_Z098" > It is only this one, so i'll add the rest you showed here.
[sound]
csv_voice_enabled=1

Next see the executable is called "IGO8.EXE". > I don't get it. I see it, but i have to do something else?

Empty the iGO8 folder on your device and refill with the content of the iGo folder that is still on your PC with the exception of the CONTENT folder. Put that folder on the SD card. Fill the Content/map folder with the maps. > I got it. Only the content folder goes to the microSD card.
bimby offline

Postby nabi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:02 pm

bimby wrote:Thank you for your time. U're a great person.

Thanks, Just trying to help you.

bimby wrote:I already backed-up all the data ( hidden files also) from the gps and the sd card. Works fine without the card inserted, so i'll used it for the maps.

Good!

bimby wrote:
So you said: to Open the folder that is probably called IGO or IGO8 or Primo( there is one folder where the content looks similar to the one that i've showed on the uploaded image- the igo 8 folder) You refeer to this one or to the one from my device?

The name of that folder depends on the uploaded build, that is how it was uploaded. My (useless?) upload has a folder called "iGO 8.5.3.146641 Becker" and in it is the content I mean. And that folder should be on your PC and in that folder you should make the following (name and sys.txt) changes.
It's the content of that folder (in my upload named "iGO 8.5.3.146641 Becker") that you should copy/paste to your device - except the folder "content" that goes on sd.

bimby wrote:
Than Open sys.txt and when there are similar lines as the 2 lines hereafter, delete them, then and/or add:

[folders]
Also make sure these lines are in the sys.txt.
[device]
type="BECKER_Z098" > It is only this one, so i'll add the rest you showed here.
[sound]
csv_voice_enabled=1

bimby wrote:Next see the executable is called "IGO8.EXE". > I don't get it. I see it, but i have to do something else?

What I do mean is that the executable should be named "IGO8.EXE" exactly as in the original. Watch the spelling and capitals as shown in your image. The exact path is too often case sensitive (small letters or BIG LETTERS).

bimby wrote:Empty the iGO8 folder on your device and refill with the content of the iGo folder that is still on your PC with the exception of the CONTENT folder. Put that folder on the SD card. Fill the Content/map folder with the maps. > I got it. Only the content folder goes to the microSD card.

Correct.
When you changed sys.txt, you told igo to look for the content folder on sd (content="\Storage card\Content\").
A remark. When the downloaded program misses languages or voices or ..., you can 'borrow' them from the original, as long as you keep the folder structure and names in the content folder.

My download (my second upload) just finished and it is exactly what and how I uploaded. It only took way too long to finish.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby bimby » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:51 pm

So... No Sir, your upload wasn't useless. I still want it if you succeed to upload the program. Meanwhile with the one downloaded from that link and with the BIG help from you works fine. There are some minor problems with the voices and some files from the maps. Got errors when unziped them. Tomorrow after a quick test i'll repost here the whole process. Thank you again Sir!
bimby offline

Postby nabi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:03 pm

bimby wrote:I still want it if you succeed to upload the program.

I posted that link in post#13, but the difference with the one you found is minor.

Success with your reborn and now updatable Becker !!
When having questions, just ask!
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby bimby » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Final thoughts for the updated Z098 from Version Image: R01.3.0524.0916Version <> Software: 8.3.1.128516_(SR3) <> Build's date: Jan 29 2010 and maps from 2009 . It's working fine besides the following minors :
1. got a ''Please observe the roadsigns and comply with the Highway Code. The map data may be flawed or incomplete'' message at start;
2. for every new truck route resets and starts over again;
3. the language is still mixed even if it is set to italian.

Credits go to nabi. As he sugested:

1. Back up all the data from your device as well as from the microSD card;
2. Download maps from here : http://www.navitotal.com/forumdisplay.php?82-Maps-buildings-dem-POI
the most recents for Europe (especially for Italy) i found them here and here ; Unzip them.
* Observs: the unrar process of the maps wasn't complete because of errors like > 'Data error in encrypted file map\Spain_R3_NQ_2013.Q1_130529_(AP).fpa'.Wrong password? <
3. Download IGO 8.5.3.146641 from post#13 or from another thread post#5. Unzip.
4. Search for the IGO8 folder inside your device and replace it with the one from your download without the content folder. That folder goes to the SD card. So copy that folder to your SD card if needed due to the space memory, if not move it along with the rest of the IGO8 folder.
5. Open the SYS.TXT file with Notepad and be sure to have the following lines. If not add them and save the file.
[device]
type="BECKER_Z098"

[folders]

[sound]
csv_voice_enabled=1

[Route]
hnr_ignored_missing_country_ids=*

6. As mentioned, if you need all the maps and requires more space move the content folder to the new/ old SD card. Copy downloaded folders over the ones from your content folder as sugested here.
*** languages and voices were missing ( only eng_uk ), so I added them from the old LANG and voice folders.

That's it!
Thank you again nabi!
bimby offline

Postby nabi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks for the update !!!

Enjoy !!!!
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby bimby » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:03 pm

nabi wrote:Thanks for the update !!!

Enjoy !!!!

Thanks again! I found a new Q2.2013 navteq maps, so i'll be playing around. I guess i'll try also Igo Truck v2.0 and others. I'll try to be active here and help others as you did. Helping doesn't hurt. One question: in order to use the Primo Truck V2.0 i only have to replace the folders ( igo primo truck over my updated igo8) or to replace the .exe an sys.txt file? I guess i have to make another thread.
bimby offline

Postby user469 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:27 pm

@bimby , the .exe and the data.zip and licence file must be for the same type of becker z-series .
For version 8.5.3.146641 you can use becker Z112 Z113 Z116 Z213 Z215 Z217
user469 offline

Previous

Return to Becker