iGO in android tablet just with wifi!?!?   

iGO in android tablet just with wifi!?!?

Postby Vasconia » Tue May 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi everyone! I have an exo tablet without gps system, and I think that it could be posible to install igo primo and make it work just with wifi...
is it posible?
Vasconia offline

User avatar Junior Member

Re: iGO in android tablet just with wifi!?!?

Postby katastrofe » Tue May 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Primo will never find its location. Unless you set it in sys.txt. And that is not a position found but a starting position set up the most basic manner.
Next you must find a way to not only find any new position but update quickly enough to route at a speed using just wifi.
Thus how will you connect to ever changing wifi on route? How connect to wifi when you are outside in the "wilderness" without houses/buildings/antennas?
Unless - and that should be your question - you find a way to connect a gps mouse (your smartphone?) trough wifi and pass on the position.
I think you better use the mouse, pardon, the smartphone as a gps.
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Postby Vasconia » Tue May 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Thanks katastrofe, the idea is to share wireless with the smartphone on my way. Is that posibble?
And how may I configure the sys in pose to find its location permanently?
Vasconia offline

Postby katastrofe » Tue May 23, 2017 9:01 pm

Vasconia wrote:Thanks katastrofe, the idea is to share wireless with the smartphone on my way. Is that posibble?

I did think that was the real question.
But I don't know how. If possible. What you need is a program/app that sends the gps position to your tablet, wifi by itself won't do.
More, primo must grab that gps position somehow.
And this will fail as Primo is programmed to search for GPS hardware. That is not there. Thus you need an app that simulates a gps hardware module. Something like a port splitter.

I do not say all that is impossible, but ... realizable? Do these apps exist? and if, how will they perform?

Again, why don't you just use your smartphone? It does have GPS on board while you want to share the GPS position from that phone.

Vasconia wrote:And how may I configure the sys in pose to find its location permanently?

That won't help you at all. If you want to know, I think it's in the tutorials/sys.txt. But that line will determine the Primo starting position on starting the program. Meaning, when you start up Primo, that is the location Primo is made to think it is at. How will that possibly help you?
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Postby Vasconia » Wed May 24, 2017 9:45 pm

You are right katastrofe, it is really impossible. maybe it's a silly question, just use the smartphone and thats all.
Thanks for all your time buddy!
Vasconia offline

Return to Android Discussion