Primo Android 9.6.7   

Postby mariop1 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:You get the speed cam + speed limit warning using TTS with the Dimka skin.

hi
i tried that skin. but i cant get any warning no voice or audio. when i try ti test speedcam voice warning it does not give me anythink,
mariop1 offline

Doesnt fit full screen... But works

Postby Barnzey » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi Great app.. All works well.. Shame it doesnt fit full screen on a htc velocity....
Thanks
Barnzey offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:23 pm

mariop1 wrote:i tried that skin. but i cant get any warning no voice or audio

That could indicate that something may be wrong with the particular TTS voice file you are using.
See here:
Complete-Nuance-Primo-1.2-and-2.0-TTS-Pro-dictionary.voice-file-for-Driver-Alerts
This method works on the Android voice files as well as Primo WinCE. The English files available are already done. Other languages, maybe not...or not correctly for the skin.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby mariop1 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:54 pm

hi
thanks what i did i copied the textfor the english Uk. does this give me voice warning like:(speedcam 30 miles per hour) and sound or do i have to add the speed limited. for example 30 mph 40mlh 50mph.
mariop1 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:35 pm

mariop1 wrote:what i did i copied the textfor the english Uk

Don't exactly know what you mean by that...you copied English text into a non-English file??

The speed is a variable in a string (such as "Speedcamera ahead, {XX} KPH") with the actual speed read from the maps at the GPS location where the speedcam physically is. Individual strings for every speed should not be required.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby mariop1 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:48 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:Don't exactly know what you mean by that...you copied English text into a non-English file??

The speed is a variable in a string (such as "Speedcamera ahead, {XX} KPH") with the actual speed read from the maps at the GPS location where the speedcam physically is. Individual strings for every speed should not be required.

hi what i mean is that instead of modify the language dictionary myself i copied the one available on the link that you provided. i modified the inglesh uk language.
just last question what about sound warning how do activate them. tomorrow i will try it on the road and then let you know.
thanks
mariop1 offline

Postby blacktattoo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:04 pm

Hey guys, I'm running this version of Primo on my Samsung Galaxy S2 JellyBean 4.2.1 (custom rom rooted). The app installs fine, using maps downloaded from here. The only issue I have come this far is no voice at all. I'm not talking about TTS, but only simple guidance and curves announcements. Under the Sounds and Warnings settings, I've got English voice langauge (Kate) selected but unfortunately Kate doesn't want to talk to me... anyways, hope you can help. As far as that, thumbs up to the devs and posters, a smooth nav indeed.
blacktattoo offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:23 am

mariop1 wrote:instead of modify the language dictionary myself i copied the one available on the link that you provided. i modified the inglesh uk language.

Still don't know exactly what you mean. No need to modify or change any ENGLISH files available on the first page of this thread...they are already done for all FDA, alerts, and diMka skins. If modified incorrectly, it could compromise/corrupt the voice file. From that point, the file is only used for reference by whatever main TTS voice you have installed on your device.

mariop1 wrote:just last question what about sound warning how do activate them

All available warnings are activated in the Sound and Warnings section(s) of the Settings.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby mariop1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:37 pm

hi
today i tried primo with diMka skins. when there is a speedcam it just says (speedcam ahead) it is possible to have the voice saying (speedcam 30 miles per hour or 40 miles per hour or what the speed limit is).
thanks

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:Still don't know exactly what you mean. No need to modify or change any ENGLISH files available on the first page of this thread...they are already done for all FDA, alerts, and diMka skins. If modified incorrectly, it could compromise/corrupt the voice file. From that point, the file is only used for reference by whatever main TTS voice you have installed on your device.

All available warnings are activated in the Sound and Warnings section(s) of the Settings.
mariop1 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:04 pm

blacktattoo wrote:I've got English voice langauge (Kate) selected but unfortunately Kate doesn't want to talk to me...

Have you tried other voices?
And make sure the volume is all the way up on your device.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby blacktattoo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:Have you tried other voices?
And make sure the volume is all the way up on your device.

Yes, I have tried several languages, Enlgish, German, Croatian but non of them work. For the sake of testing, I installed the app on an old Samsung S2 running stock android 2.3.4 and everything works just fine. Now, I was scooping the internet for a possible solution and I found out that this "bug" only exists on Android JB. Anyone running JB 4.x.x can confirm this?
blacktattoo offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:20 pm

Yes this was a problem with Jelly Bean, but a special JB version appeared...

[Please Register or Login to download file]

I don't have Jelly Bean so i never tried it!

Tip: Click on "lassu letoltes" to download!
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:30 pm

mariop1 wrote:hi
today i tried primo with diMka skins. when there is a speedcam it just says (speedcam ahead) it is possible to have the voice saying (speedcam 30 miles per hour or 40 miles per hour or what the speed limit is).
thanks

This should work straight away, however, with the dimka skin installed, go to Settings -> Sound and Warnings -> TTS Pro -> Read Out Alert Points (Tick box and tap on the Play arrow) -> Tap on a camera -> Make sure both phrases are set to On and the Announce speed units is ticked, use the Voice warning test to confirm it's working, then tap back and repeat for each camera!
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby mariop1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:44 pm

hi
in the tts pro the read out alert point is gray. if i press it it says this feature cannot be used with the selected guidance voice profile select a tts voice that support this feature, i use the tts voice that i downloaded from the first post serena tts v5.
the only things i can select in tts pro are: read out traffic and read out system messages. the rest are all gray and cannot be selected with serena tts voice.

Fatboyfun wrote:This should work straight away, however, with the dimka skin installed, go to Settings -> Sound and Warnings -> TTS Pro -> Read Out Alert Points (Tick box and tap on the Play arrow) -> Tap on a camera -> Make sure both phrases are set to On and the Announce speed units is ticked, use the Voice warning test to confirm it's working, then tap back and repeat for each camera!
mariop1 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:55 pm

mariop1 wrote:the only things i can select in tts pro are: read out traffic and read out system messages. the rest are all gray and cannot be selected with serena tts voice.

I just tried Serena (I previously had Samantha, but it really makes no difference...the voice itself is actually whatever you have in the Android settings), and everything is fine...all TTS Pro options are available and selectable and functioning. You have something incorrectly installed, or have some other issues not related to the voice file.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Android Apps