Alpine Blackbird pmd b200 failed update- now has no files. H   

Alpine Blackbird pmd b200 failed update- now has no files. H

Postby MichaelBradshaw » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Hi, I recently bought new maps from navi extras for my alpine blackbird 200. During the update something happened and I don't have a backup of the device. (It won't recognise the backup)

When I boot the device it goes to the menu with the choices for windows ce, start igo, test modes etc. When I choose igo it starts the alpine boot but then says there are no language files installed.

Naviextras no longer sees the device when plugged in so I can update it, even if that would work.

I was reading the threads on igo installation and tried the guide here. http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?3521-Guide-to-install-iGO-Primo-on-devices-with-Windows-CE-core.

I copied all the files across but it made no change. Can someone tell me how to get my blackbird to the point where I can get naviextras to update it or point me to a really detailed guide on how to install igo onto the unit. It is still working fine, I've just never played much with this so not sure if I'm missing something or need to rename files for the alpine unit to see the new installation.

Would really appreciate the help.

Michael.
MichaelBradshaw offline

Postby nabi » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:29 pm

Before doing anyting else, rename the save folder to save_old and try again to start iGO.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby MichaelBradshaw » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Thanks, I'll try. Does the igo installation go on the sd card or on the internal disk that appears when I mount it on my pc over usb?
MichaelBradshaw offline

Postby MichaelBradshaw » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:42 pm

I should clarify, that when say the unit is still working I mean that it isn't bricked. It just seems to have no software on it and doesn't see the new igo installation I put on it. I think i'm missing something in the installation.

Thanks, M.
MichaelBradshaw offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:51 pm

If you have copied another iGO installation to your device, you must make sure the folder\file.exe of the new version matches the old version, otherwise the device won't see it.

Also Naviextras Toolbox will not work with a cracked version.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby MichaelBradshaw » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Ok, i now have igo primo booting on my device. I get to the language setup screen and when I choose English uk I get a windows pop up saying out of memory. Requested 23592960. Cache 0.

Any ideas? Should I delete some of the extras? Buildings etc? Is that the problem? Thanks.
MichaelBradshaw offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:48 am

Yes, always start with just one map on a fresh install, you can add other stuff later.

Also delete the save folder after every failed start.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby MichaelBradshaw » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:42 pm

Super, I've got it running. There is a folder inthe root of the device called alpine. Its seems everything needs to be in that folder and the .exe needs to be renamed AlpineNavi.exe.

It all works well outside the head unit but once its docked in the head unit the voice guidance is not coming through the head unit like it did with the alpine software. I assume that was part of their custom software. I can live without it but if i could solve that I'd be delighted and actually prefer this software.

Thanks, michael.
MichaelBradshaw offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Can you get any sound from iGO?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby MichaelBradshaw » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi, yes everything works properly when it's used separately. I get button push tones and the correct voice guidance. When it was running the Alpine software it would pass the audio through the head unit to the speakers and drop the volume so you can hear it clearly. It doesn't seem to do that anymore.

The head unit screen shows everything correctly and the touchscreen responds but no audio. The head unit is an Alpine IVA-W505 and the blackbird docks inside it.

Would be great if I could get audio working correctly. M.
MichaelBradshaw offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:04 pm

I'll have to look into it, but you may find the original software had a module within it that controls the hardware sound mixer via a serial link, other brands like navsure also do this.

None of the iGO versions available from this site (or other sites) have this feature.

So if this is the case, there's nothing you can do.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby johnie » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 am

did u managed to solve the pc-sync problem ? can U see it now in naviextra ? i have the same problem here :( i can see a new card reader but i can not see the device :( so i can not acces the unit :( PLEASE HEALP :)
johnie offline

Postby johnie » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:12 am

my PMD-B200 was showing ALPINE logo screen ONLY! so i downloaded 2.0 update ! installed it , and at end it said checksum file error, updated theBLuetooth complectly, after that : it gave me the BlackBird Boot menu with : update - IGO- WinCE test 1 test2 and Enable menu , okay i can put an IGO on a sd card and it runs fine from win ce , but i want to get my ALPINE software back :( HOW CAN I DO IT ? PLEASE SOMEONE HEEEEALP MEEE :D thx ;)
johnie offline

Postby saint2000 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:54 am

hey all! i've joined your forum in desperate need of help! My Alpine PMD-B200P is playing up, in that on my Alpine head unit I just get a blank screen when selecting "blackbird". I bought a new battery for the PMD since the previous owner left it without, this proved the device worked standalone. Stupidly I decided to upgrade the thing using Alpine's latest fw, maybe I did this wrong (used an SDHC when it said I shouldnt) but I now just get a Loading... screen on the PMD then nothing. Attempting the upgrade again (going to the shortcut upgrade, vol down + power) I get the Upgrade screen, but never leaves 0%.

I've gone over several download links in this forum but all appear dead / taken over by spam sites. Can anyone help resurrect my dead PMD?
saint2000 offline

Postby saint2000 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:36 am

saint2000 wrote:hey all! i've joined your forum in desperate need of help! My Alpine PMD-B200P is playing up, in that on my Alpine head unit I just get a blank screen when selecting "blackbird". I bought a new battery for the PMD since the previous owner left it without, this proved the device worked standalone. Stupidly I decided to upgrade the thing using Alpine's latest fw, maybe I did this wrong (used an SDHC when it said I shouldnt) but I now just get a Loading... screen on the PMD then nothing. Attempting the upgrade again (going to the shortcut upgrade, vol down + power) I get the Upgrade screen, but never leaves 0%.

I've gone over several download links in this forum but all appear dead / taken over by spam sites. Can anyone help resurrect my dead PMD?

...Okay, so I've got past the first upgrade screen, using an old SD card (not and SDHC) got the upgrade going, except once it reached 100% and rebooted, I just get loading on the screen before it goes blank. The battery is showing around 2-3volts, but not enough to power the device on, doesnt seem to be charging. I dont have the alpine connector to power the device on its own, instead I have to use the headunit to power the device, with this in mind and the screen going blank, I would have thought the main screen (headunit) should be displaying something? It recognises the device as a blackbird once its plumbed in, but I also get a blank screen! Help!
saint2000 offline

Next

Return to Alpine